Asiatic potted lilies
If you are looking for a great variety of color options, then the Asiatic lily is the one to pick. Ranging from deep purple to yellow, spotted, uniform or multiple colored, everything is available. Asiatic lilies have no fragrance. This is a perfect match for people who love lilies but are not fond of the specific lily aroma. Generally, Asiatic lilies have smaller flowers, a shorter stalk and finer leaves compared to the Oriental varieties. There is also the variety of the Asiatic lily with double flowers.
- Taking care of potted lilies does not require a ‘green thumb’. In fact, it is a rather easy flower to nurse.
- Some extra care, attention and the right nursing will ensure that the lily will bloom for 2 to 4 weeks, in order for you to optimally enjoy this spectacular flower.
- Potted lilies can be placed both indoors and outdoors.
- Water them approx. 2 times a week and keep the soil slightly moist.
- Place the potted lily in a bright, sunny spot. However, avoid placing them in direct sunlight.
- Ideal temperatures for potted lilies to grow are between 15 and 20 °C.
- Remove the spent flowers to encourage longer blooms and emphasize new flowers.
Has your potted lily finished flowering? No worries, find a sunny spot in your garden and plant the lily here; it will reappear next year and you will be able to enjoy its captivating flowers once again.